Danhostel Ribe is a family friendly hostel and has facilities perfect for a family holiday in Denmark
Danhostels are perfect for family holidays in Denmark
Danhostel Ribe has a great atmosphere for families and is just perfect for family accommodation.
Our family rooms are all with shower/toilet and our family friendly hostel offers plenty of room for kids to play and to find new playmates.
A lot of child friendly activities are offered both in Ribe and in the Wadden Sea National Park.
To keep your holiday costs down it is possible to bring your own bed linen and furthermore the hostel has a smaller kitchen for our guests to use - meaning you do not have to dine out all the time. At the same time we will recommend you to taste our breakfast buffet - we are sure you will not regret it.
Children under 2 stay free in parents' bed , but if you prefer to rent a cot, this is also possible.
Children 2-12 years accompanied by their parents get breakfast at half price.
See our rooms here: Rooms
See our prices here: Prices
Danhostel Ribe's sports hall
Family and child activities at the hostel
- Free table football and table tennis
- At the reception desk you can borrow balls, bats, outdoor and indoor games
- A sandpit
The sports hall is available when it is not hired out to paying groups. (Ask at the reception desk)
A meadow outside the hostel to play
Vikings for kids. Both Ribe Viking Centre (Ribe VikingeCenter) and Ribe Viking Museum (Ribes Vikinger) are family friendly and 2 of the best attractions for kids in Ribe, Denmark
Free Wadden Sea Pass
In Danhostel Ribe your family get a free Wadden Sea Pass, allowing you to get discounts at attractions and experiences for all the family in Ribe and the Wadden Sea. Click if you want to know more about the Wadden Sea Pass
NB! It is free for kids and youngsters up to 18 years old to visit Ribe Viking Museum (Ribes Vikinger) and Ribe Art Museum (Ribe Kunstmuseum)
Sea Explorer is a family-friendly hike in UNESCO Wadden Sea World Heritage in Ribe, Denmark
Kid friendly activities in Ribe and the Wadden Sea National Park
- Who is the first in the family to reach the summit of the Commoner’s Tower at Ribe Cathedral. The tower is 52 meters (170 feet) high with 248 steps. Enjoy the view of Ribe’s red roofs and the Wadden Sea National Park
- In Ribe Viking Museum you can "sail" a Viking ship, or dress up in clothes from the Middle Ages and play the games children plaid in the Middle Ages
- Ribe VikingCentre. Learn to fight like a Viking, see falconer's birds of prey, shoot with bow and arrow, play Viking games and much more
- Visit the small animal park at Ribelund. Here you can pet the goats, climb the birds tower, feed the fallow deer, etc. (free admission)
- The Natural Playground in Tange Forest (Tangeskoven) with picnic tables and benches
- Sometimes you can follow the nature guide on a family mudflat hike
- Every Tuesday during summer you can see old vintage cars and motorcycles on the meadow next to Danhostel Ribe
- Go for a bike ride in the National Park. Danhostel Ribe rents bikes for adults and children
- Ribe swim bath with a long waterslide, and pools for both babies and children
- Ghost Walk every Wednesday evening in July and August arranged by the museum Ribes Vikinger
- The GPS tour "Crosses on corbels" through Ribe old town is a great way to learn about Ribe and its history. Duration: About 2 hours. For families and school classes. Rent it at Ribe Library
- Market at Skibbroen every Wednesday. During school holidays also a children's market where children sell their toys
- On the storm surge pole you can see how high the water stood in Ribe's streets during historical storm surges
Our hostel's attractive breakfast is half price for children over 2 and under the age of 12.